I'm having a hard time trying to make my BT devices properly work through USB BT Dongle connected to a Nvidia shield.
Server is Android v3.2.8 (licensed for unlimited devices)
Client is Windows 10 x64 v4.1.7
BT dongles i've tried so far(x3): 2 different branded CSR 8510A10 and an Asus BT400
BT devices i've tried so far(x4): 2 different Xbox One BT Controller, DualShock4 v1 & DualShock4 v2
All of the devices cause the same issue no matter how i connect them or try them out, to the point that i've managed to isolate the problem, and to my understanding it is virtualHere the one causing the issue, i'll further explain it:
The problem is that all of the bt devices mentioned, can be paired just fine with any of the bt dongles used, and so far they work perfectly, BUT once the devices are shutted off OR the computer is restarted OR the shield is restarted, any of these events cause the bt devices to not be able to reconnect to the dongle (at least not without a lot of effort)
To be able to connect them again, I have to start/stop the bt devices i'd say in average 5/6 times till they get recognized by windows again, sometimes i get too tired of trying and just unpair the device and re-pair it holding the sync buttons again, and whilst repairing works at 1st try, it's a bummer to have to do it every time I want to use my bt controllers.
Also note that once connected, the controllers are completely functional, no lag or any other thing, at least until they are shutted off for one more time ending with the same problem.
The thing is none of this happens if I try any of the dongles with any of the bt devices directly from my computer, this only occurs when bt dongles are used from the nvidia shield through the virtualHere server, so that leads me to think is this piece of software the one causing this issue.
Just as a hint, sometimes when a controller is finally reconnected, I can see in the Bluetooth devices control panel showing as "Connected" but windows does not show any gamepad controller in the Gamepads devices list so, my guess is that the bt device got finally recognized, but some bt service did not work (or any other issue) causing windows to not be able to register the gamepad properly.
Anyway, this is all a bummer for me, as i mostly play my games from the shield with these controllers so I'd be more than happy if you fix this.
I'll be glad to help with log files or any other thing to clear this out.