Original Equipment Manufacturers
The VirtualHere USB Server shares USB devices over the network. The server runs entirely in userspace, therefore it is inherently more stable than kernel based solutions. No compilation or kernel modules are required! The server is only a single executable file. The Raspberry PI and Ubuntu Desktop versions have a simple to use Graphical User Interface, or the server can be run as a console only daemon, for easy integration into run-level scripts. Diagnostic messages are output to syslog.
VirtualHere is perfect for OEM integration because:
- The server is entirely in userspace - much more stable and easy to update than kernel based solutions
- Both Client and Server are single executable files no runtimes and no installation required. Simply download and run!
- All settings are stored in a simple text file auto-generated with sensible defaults - no complicated registry settings
- Very competitive per unit cost
- Active product development and frequent fixes/improvements/updates
- Easily integrates with existing authentication setup via simple bash scripting
- Supports SSL
- Client supports Windows and OSX
- Ability to easily work around device quirks though simple scripting
Start the server with the
-h option to find out more about the available server settings.
To install, simply
chmod +x the downloaded file and run with
Dont forget to download the Client.
The trial version will let you share 1 device. To share unlimited devices, please purchase a license below: